Human Resources Coordinator
Stokes Lawrence, P.S. is a mid-sized, growing law firm with offices in Seattle and Yakima. Our attorneys and staff share a common value system rooted in a sense of collaboration, excellence, client service, progress, and fun. We offer a congenial work environment that emphasizes professional and personal growth, with competitive pay and benefits. Learn more about our firm at www.stokeslaw.com.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and resourceful Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and will perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of both office locations. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
This role will be based on-site in our Yakima office. Occasional overtime and travel between our offices may be required.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a diverse group of staff and attorneys
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; must have the ability to process information with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-directed and able to prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Strong business writing and proofreading skills
- Eager to learn and respectful of diverse perspectives
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using an HRIS, preferably ADP
- Minimum of 2 years of human resources experience, preferably in a professional services setting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Assist with benefits administration, including enrollment, monthly invoicing, reconciliation, and vendor management
- Assist with attorney and staff recruiting, including job posting, resume review, interview scheduling, and maintaining records
- Coordinate new employee onboarding and orientation
- HRIS entry, reporting, and administrative support using ADP
- Provide back up support to payroll processors and assist with staff time-keeping system
- Respond to requests for verification of employment
- Assist with administration of state and federal leave (PFML, FMLA)
- Assist with coordination and tracking of staff performance review process
- Act as day-to-day point person for general HR inquiries
- Maintain HR filing and personnel files
- Other projects and duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.