Administrative Coordinator HR
Recruitment Period: 11/01/2021 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing clerical support, managing databases, assisting with employment and recruitment, licensure and credentialing verifications, group benefits processing and invoicing, audits, running reports and coordinating in-service tracking of educational trainings. This highly organized and customer-service oriented position is also responsible for assisting with day-to-day HR operations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers and general guidance on human resources related guidelines, policies and procedures based on established University policies, and local, state, and federal regulations
• Performs administrative tasks including scanning, maintaining HR forms, responding to employee inquiries, updating job descriptions, tracking of education training courses, tracking of performance evaluations, support the hiring process, monitoring and responding to emails in the HR email inbox, ordering supplies, sorting mail, and creating employee data sheets
• Coordinates and supports with employee benefits and wellness programs, open enrollment support, updates benefits enrollment system, and maintaining tracking of vaccination records
• Runs and audits bi-weekly, monthly, and annual HR reports
• Processes and tracks tuition and licensing reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and payroll changes
• Coordinates and schedules meetings, takes meeting minutes, and updates documents as requested
• Manages HR databases and updates HR website
• Coordinates University events and any other requested events as needed
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
• Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: Associate's Degree
• Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
• Required: Three years of administrative experience in a fast-paced work environment
• Preferred: Five years of Human Resources experience, higher education experience
• Required: Strong Computer Skills (MS Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, virtual meeting software)
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct workflow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and ability to schedule activities and/or meetings.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
For information about life in Yakima visit our PNWU page.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.